Valentine's Day Cake & Recipe
We are excited to share a recipe from Jahziel Soto of Haute Cakes for this fun Valentine's Day cake. See what Jahziel had to say about her cake then read on for the full recipe!
"When I see candy I want to put it on a cake. It doesn't stop with candy, I am a fan of all things delicious and beautiful going on cakes. Give me a theme, fruit, candy, chocolate, popcorn, macaroons, flowers, anything! I will use it somehow. The style of cake I focus on is very popular in Australia right now and so completely different from anything I have seen in the U.S. I just want everybody to have fun and enjoy themselves and what a better way to do it than with some crazy cake! Am I right?!" - Jahziel, Haute Cakes
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 stick butter softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1. Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and sift.
2. Place softened butter into stand mixer and mix on medium for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add milk, oil, vanilla and eggs and mix on low for one minute.
4. Place dry ingredients into stand mixer and combine on low for 30 seconds.
5. Remove from mixer and scrape down sides. Finish stirring by hand if not all combined.
6. Pour batter into prepare pans. Bake at 350. For 9-inch pans its 20-25 minutes.