Make it Posh
Category: Planning & Design
“Two souls are sometimes created together and in love before they’re born” F. Scott Fitzgerald
I truly believe that everyone has a soul mate and it is an incredible thing to witness when those two souls join together. I’m in love with love; both the idea and reality of it. There really isn’t anything more important in life than family. A wedding is the ceremonial combination of two families into one tree and I love getting to be a part of that. My favorite part is the father-daughter dance. It gets me every.single.time!
I’m Sarah, owner and Principal Coordinator of Make it Posh… and I am in constant pursuit of pretty! We are a heavily design based planning boutique so you can bet that if you see me with my phone out I am probably on Pinterest or Instagram.
We strive to create an experience for our couples. I truly believe you should enjoy being engaged and plan for your marriage and not just for your wedding. All too often couples get bogged down in the details and lose sight of the big picture. Our process is unique in that we really want to know everything about our couples. What you like, what you don’t. What you are allergic too. Who your favorite band is… If you are a wine, beer or bourbon drinker…we want to know it all. Knowing our couples means that we can put emphasis on tailoring the details to match your personality. Our clients are our friends… and that moment when a client stops being a client and becomes a friend is when the magic happens. The moment that happens is the moment that I can see your wedding come alive in my head. For me that is when your dream starts becoming reality.
It’s very important for your wedding to be a reflection of your personalities; both as individuals and a couple. Your details should be personal and insightful. Your wedding is a really special moment in your life. It’s up high on the list of major milestones. You need to slow down and enjoy the moment because it goes by so fast. That’s where we can help!! We can take care of all the little things for you. All the planning, all the worry, all the stress, the etiquette… leave it all to us and you’ll be walking down the aisle in pure bliss.
- We love DIY and host frequent crafting parties both for fun and to create some seriously gorgeous wedding décor
- We work with flowers too! I can’t tell you how many boutonnieres and centerpieces we’ve taken apart and re-worked. My favorites are wildflower arrangements!
- We are Etiquette gurus. Modern day Emily Posts! (with some serious opinions)
- We want to be best friends with Martha Stewart. (who doesn’t?!)
- We love to travel! Both for weddings and leisure.
- Praline Pecan ice cream is my ultimate weakness.
- We are hoarders… well maybe more like collectors. We have an entire warehouse full of décor items, centerpieces, crates (the list goes on and on) full of pretty things to pull from for your event (and we don’t charge rental fees. Our clients can use anything their little heart desires)
- I always ask how you met and what your engagement story is… because I really want to know. My husband proposed very badly very often so I live vicariously through your engagements!
Favorite thing about Savannah weddings?
I just LOVE Savannah. It is one of those places that works its way into your soul, builds a little nest and settles there forever. There is no shortage of history, beauty or culture in Savannah but there is just something that you can’t quite put your finger on. It’s something in the air. An invisible but tangible feeling you have just by being here. Savannah affects all of your senses. The humid air kisses your skin, the Magnolia trees fragrance the air and you just feel different. Like life’s possibilities are endless. Those are all the feelings that you should have on your wedding day. It’s the essence of romance, of being alive and being in love…