TIPS & RESOURCES
Tie the knot in one of the most charming destinations in the world! As you take a look around, you'll be inspired by beautiful real weddings on our online journal and find Savannah's finest wedding vendors in our Beloved Vendor Directory. Not only was Savannah named one of the top ten romantic getaways, it's also one the friendliest cities and a must see destination in the world! With accolades like that, how can you say no to the beauty and allure of The Hostess City?
From square rentals to getting a marriage license, below you'll find everything you need to know about planning your own Savannah wedding!
PARK AND SQUARE RENTAL
Savannah's parks and squares can be rented for private functions, such as weddings and events. Click here to view the regulations, policies, procedures and fees and grab your Public Assembly Permit application here!
Parks and squares available for rent include:
- Calhoun Square
- Chatham Square
- Chippewa Square
- Columbia Square
- Crawford Square
- Elbert Square
- Ellis Square
- Emmet Park
- Forsyth Park
- Franklin Square
- Greene Square
- Johnson Square
- Lafayette Square
- Liberty Square
- Madison Square
- Monterey Square
- Oglethorpe Square
- Orleans Square
- Pulaski Square
- Reynolds Square
- Telfair Square
- Troup Square
- Warren Square
- Washington Square
- Whitfield Square
- Wright Square
Contact the Leisure Service Director's Office at 912-351-3837 for more information!
The City of Savannah operates over 3,000 metered parking spaces, 5 public parking garages, and 6 surface lots in downtown Savannah. You can find information about the City's Visitor Day Pass, disability parking, smart cards and metered parking by clicking the links below!
For your wedding to be recognized in the eyes of the law, you’re going to need a valid Georgia marriage license before the big day!
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to apply without parental consent.
- You may be sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) with parental consent. Both parents or your custodial parent must sign for you if you are underage. The parents must accompany the minor applying for the marriage license and must have proper identification, such as a valid driver's license.
- All applicants must present a positive I. D. This may be either a Driver's License, a certified copy of a Birth Certificate, a Military I.D., a Passport, or a State I.D. card. Not acceptable are Social Security Cards, Insurance Cards, Credit Cards, Work or School I.D. cards.
- If either applicant has been divorced, please bring a certified copy of your most recent Judgment and Decree with the Judge's signature on the order along with you when applying for your marriage license.
- Both the Bride and the Groom must be present at the same time in order to apply for the Marriage License. The fee for the Marriage License is $66.00.
There is no waiting period in Georgia; you will receive your license at the time you apply!
Marriage license are issued Monday through Friday between the hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (except holidays) in the Probate Court of Chatham County. Call 912-652-7277 for additional questions regarding you marriage license.
The Savannah Code of Ordinances is available online here. Please note that code section numbers change through the years, so it is important that you check with the Clerk of Council's Office before referencing a section number or recording them to any permanent document.